Join Our Team
Are you looking for fun, adventure, excitement - and a job with a great employer? Then join our District Team!
The Village Center Community Development District (VCCDD) is the unit of local government for The Villages, FL that employs all staff to support the operations of the 15 Special Districts (CDD's) that comprise The Villages government. We contribute our successes, in large part, to the members of our team, who work together towards our mission of providing and preserving the lifestyle of "Florida's Friendliest Home Town" where retirees' lifestyle dreams can come true.
If you have "heart", a true interest in the position you are applying for, meet the minimum position requirements listed, and can exemplify our core values in the course of assigned duties (hard work…hospitality…stewardship…creativity and innovation) then we encourage you to apply by completing and submitting a District application.
All full-time, and some part-time, positions are Charter School eligible, Category 2
Various full and part-time District positions include, but are not limited to:
Billing Technician & Customer Service Representatives, Staff Accountant
Patrol Drivers, Gate Attendants, Dispatchers & Gate Operations
Recreation Assistants, Recreation Service Representatives, Facility Specialists
Current Job Openings
To ensure that you are aware of all full-time and part-time District job opportunities:
- Check this website for Current Job Opportunities
- Register for e-mail notifications of public job postings and other information by clicking E-Mail Notifications
- Call 352-674-1905 or visit our Human Resources Office at 984 Old Mill Run in the heart of Sumter Landing Town Square
How to Apply
- General Applications and VPSD Applications, are located on this website along with other pertinent information about The Villages
- Applications may be delivered via fax (352-674-1910) , emailed (HumanResources@DistrictGov.org) or delivered to our office during business hours.
- All District applications submitted remain “active” for six (6) months from the original date submitted
Please note: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to individually contact &/or interview everyone that submits an application for consideration. Therefore, within that six month period, each applicant is responsible for contacting Human Resources to request their application be re-submitted for all other additional positions that may become available within that timeframe.
To ensure that we are able to fully evaluate your experience we ask that you:
- do not complete the work history section by indicating “see resume”; submitting a resume is not a substitute for completing a District application.
- fully detail your work history, and explain any “gaps” in employment
- include all support documents such as resume, reference letters, etc.
- application is submitted and/or postmarked by the advertised closing date
- sign and date your application.
Upon receipt, applications are reviewed and logged by Human Resources, and then forwarded to the hiring Department for their consideration. In most cases, applicants are contacted within (2) weeks of the posted position closing date.
The Village Center Community Development District is an Equal Opportunity Employer