Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public
records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public Records Custodian
Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available
to the public and media upon request. Please forward requests to:
Jennifer McQueary, District Clerk
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone No. (352) 751-3939
Fax No. (352) 753-6430
Florida law prohibits the Board of Supervisors from communicating with residents about Deed Compliance or Architectural Review issues/cases. Please
contact the Community Standards Department directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any
concerns you might have.
You have chosen to live in one of the most beautiful communities in Florida. It will remain a premier community because the residents support strict compliance with the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions. Many residents moved to The Villages because of these restrictions. To maintain the overall aesthetic qualities desirable in a first-class community, certain activities and property uses are restricted. The following is a summary of many items covered in the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions. This summary is meant to call attention to some of the major items and by no means is a comprehensive list.
- Air-Conditioners: Window air-conditioners are prohibited and only central air-conditioners are permitted.
- Building Repair: Dwellings and structures must at all times be kept in good repair, adequately painted and otherwise clean.
- Garbage/Trash: Prior to being placed curbside for collection, no rubbish, trash, garbage or other waste material shall be kept or permitted on any Homesite or on dedicated or reserved areas except in containers, as required by your sanitation hauler, located in appropriate areas concealed from public view.
- Lawn ornaments: Some neighborhoods prohibit lawn ornaments. Please check your individual Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions.
- Maintenance: Landscaping shall be maintained to provide a neat and clean appearance. Removal of weeds, dead plants, grass clippings, trash and debris is required to meet this objective.
- Modifications: Alterations to the exterior of the home or lot require architectural approval.
- Motor Vehicles: No vehicles incapable of operation shall be stored on any Homesite.
- Residential Use Restrictions: Property must be devoted only to single-family residential use. Properties within the Subdivision are intended for residential use and no commercial, professional or similar activity requiring either maintaining an inventory, equipment or customer/client visits may be conducted in a Home or on a Homesite.
- Satellite Dishes: Please contact the Community Standards Department for guidelines.
- Signage: Where permitted, please check your individual Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions for size and location.
- Tree Removal: No tree with a trunk four (4) inches in diameter shall be removed or effectively removed through excessive injury without first obtaining written permission.
Due to the diversity of the Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions, it is important that you familiarize yourself with your particular set.
Concerns about possible deed restriction violations may be provided to the Community Standards Deed Compliance Division by phone, fax, mail, electronic mail, or in person and may be made anonymously. The Community Standards Deed Compliance Division is entirely complaint driven.