The infrastructure of the District in which you live was built with tax-exempt bonds. The bonds are repaid with monies collected in the annual tax bill sent out by the Sumter or Marion County Tax Collector's office and appear in the Non-Ad Valorem section of the tax bill as "Bond Debt Assessment".
You may pay off your bond assessment in full at any time. You are not required to pay off this assessment in advance.
- If you choose not to pay off the bond debt before the “July cut off date”, the annual assessment will continue to appear on the tax bill until the debt is paid off.
- If you choose to pay off your remaining bond assessment before the July cut off date, the yearly installments will be eliminated from your annual tax bill.
- If you pay off your bond between the July cut off date and September 16th you will owe no additional interest; however, you will still have one more annual bond assessment on your tax bill.
- If you pay off your bond between September 17th and March 16th you will owe six months additional interest.
- If you pay off your bond between March 17th and the following July cut off date, the full annual assessment of interest is owed.
Contact the Bond Unit at (352) 751-3900 for your Bond Payoff amount.
The July cut off date is July 26, 2013 to eliminate the bond assessment on your 2013 Tax Bill.
Additional information is available by clicking on the Quick Links on the left.