The Villages beautiful Lake Sumter
Quick Links

The Architectural Review Committee (ARC) for Lady Lake/ Lake County & Districts 1-10 meets every Wednesday at 8:00 a.m., and the Architectural Review Hearing Officer for Districts 11-13 meets every Wednesday at 1:00 pm at the District office located at 984 Old Mill Run, The Villages, FL 32162. Each meeting meets for approximately 2-4 hours each week and reviews approximately 300 applications per week. All meetings are open to the public and the Architectural Review Committee and Architectural Review Hearing Officer operate under the Florida “Sunshine Law”.

The ARC and Architectural Review Hearing Officer shall administratively review for approval or denial all owner applications seeking to make EXTERNAL structural alterations (including but not limited to landscaping, fencing, sheds, arbors or similar items) home re-paintings, additions, repairs or improvements to their home.

Said review shall be done and in accordance with each individual District’s adopted Rule, guidelines, procedures, policies and standards taking into consideration staff’s recommendations regarding said compliance.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public Records Custodian Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Please forward requests to:
Jennifer Farlow, District Clerk
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone No. (352) 751-3939
Fax No. (352) 753-6430

or click the link below to file your request electronically.

     Public Records Requests

Please Note Florida law prohibits the Board of Supervisors from communicating with residents about Deed Compliance or Architectural Review issues/cases.  Please contact the Community Standards Department directly at to report any concerns you might have.