First Responders Recreation Center
Click the following link for an application if you are wishing to contribute memorabilia to the First Responders Village Recreation Center:
Memorabilia Contribution Application
- The storm drainage and underground utilities are near completion.
- The rough grading is substantially complete and the fine grading of the site is underway.
- The site work is approximately 78% complete.
- Masonry construction and wood framing of the Art Room addition and Card Room enclosure is near completion.
- The building, HVAC, electrical and plumbing rough-ins are substantially complete, as well as, the installation of the drywall.
- The Recreation Center construction is approximately 45% complete.
- Support buildings are approximately 45% complete.
- Resort style pool plumbing, equipment installation and concrete construction are substantially complete, and the construction of the pool house has begun.
- The Putt & Play Course, Lawn Bowling and Starter Shack are approximately 65% complete.
- Total project is approximately 58% complete.
This page will be used to provide periodic updates for The First Responders Recreation Center. Please continue to check back for updates!
The District acquired the First Baptist Church Property Fellowship Hall (building is approximately 9,154 square feet and acreage is +/- 19.28 acres) on September 6, 2018.
During the November and December 2018 Amenity Authority Committee (AAC) meetings, District Staff presented the theming of the recreation center to be in honor of current and past First Responders.
The Recreation & Parks Department gathered input from residents regarding both internal and external recreation center features for the First Responders Recreation Center. The survey period began January 7, 2019 and ended February 28, 2019. To view the survey results, please click on the following link.
A conceptual plan was reviewed at the July 24, 2019 AAC meeting.
A public participation meeting was held on September 24, 2019. To view the content presented at this meeting, please click on the follow link: Presentation on 9/24/2019
We appreciate the community’s interest in donating items for use in the First Responders Recreation Center.
At this point, the District is in the early stages of this major capital improvement project. A formal plan will be developed at a future date to advertise, promote and receive donations/memorabilia for this facility.
Please stay tuned to www.DistrictGov.org and other media outlets for future updates.
Construction Bid Documents Completion: January 2021
Review Process for Civil, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Landscape Designs: Currently Underway
Bid Documents to Purchasing Department: January 2021
Construction Contract Award: February 2021
Begin Construction: March 2021
Completion of Project: April 2022
Conceptual Site Plan Information
Exterior Site Plan
Interior Floor Plan
January 2021 Presentation