Villages Public Safety Employment Opportunities
Welcome to the Villages Public Safety Department, with our primary responsibility being fire/rescue. In partnership with the community we serve, we will fulfill our mission to "work to
prevent harm, respond to unpreventable incidents in an efficient and effective manner, with the best resources provided by the community, and be nice!"
The contributions of our department members, individually and combined, play a vital role in actualizing our mission and exemplifying the core values that are the foundation of the
Village Center Community Development District ("District") – hospitality, hard work, stewardship, creativity and innovation.
Candidates interested in employment as Firefighter/Paramedics or Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technicians must complete a two (2) part process:
- Testing through the National Testing Network
- Completion of a District application
National Testing Network ("NTN"): www.nationaltestingnetwork.com,
National Testing Network ("NTN") is a service provided to conduct entry level testing and CPAT testing in a standardized, professional environment. NTN does not replace the Villages
Public Safety Department's responsibility and decision making in the testing process. All candidate results are provided by NTN to the Villages Public Safety Department where the final
decisions are made.
If you have not tested with NTN in the past 11 months, please register with them, complete an application, and schedule testing by going to their website, selecting “Fire”, and sign up
for the Villages Public Safety Department.
What to expect at the www.nationaltestingnetwork.com website:
The ability to
- initiate the application process.
- review information related to the Villages Public Safety Department firefighter positions, including minimum requirements, salary and benefits.
- review detailed information about the testing process for both the entry level test and CPAT testing.
The opportunity to
- take online practice tests at www.fireteamtest.com.
- schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays.
- take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
What happens after you have tested with NTN?
Upon completion of the entry level exam and CPAT testing, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to the Villages Public Safety Department. Candidates who attain a passing
score on both the entry level exam and the physical abilities test will be placed on the department's eligibility list. Based on the numerical ranking, a maximum number of candidates
(to be determined) will be contacted by the Villages Public Safety Department to continue in the recruitment and selection process.
You may complete a District application at any time on line, but you will not be considered for employment with the Villages Public Safety Department unless you have completed the
testing process with NTN.
Public Safety Employment Opportunities