Please always carry your original Villages ID, or guest ID, and a photo ID. Follow all rules and regulations posted in recreation centers. Only original IDs are accepted at the recreation centers. Inappropriate use and/or falsification of information on guest ID card application will result in loss of guest privileges.
Village Community Development Districts Guest ID Card Program Policy
Guests of Villages’ residents whose home address is outside Lake, Sumter and Marion counties are eligible to use selected Villages’ resident amenity-supported recreational facilities. An original Villages guest ID card is required for all guests 1 year of age and older.
Any resident requesting a guest ID card(s) must make initial application to the Districts at the District Customer Service Center located at 984 Old Mill Run,
at any regional recreation center (Paradise, La Hacienda, Savannah, Mulberry Grove, Laurel Manor, Lake Miona, Colony Cottage, SeaBreeze, Eisenhower, Rohan)
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday; or Eisenhower, La Hacienda and Lake Miona, 8 a.m.-noon Saturday and Sunday. Residents may also apply online at
Guest ID Card Services (please allow for a 3-day processing time for all online
requests). The resident must provide all required guest(s) information requested on the application in order to be issued a guest ID card. In the
event the host resident is unable to pick-up the Guest ID Card, eligible guest may pick it up with valid photo ID. Any falsification or misrepresentation
of guest information on the application will be considered a violation of the guest ID card policy and subject to appropriate action.
A resident with a valid resident ID card can apply for a guest ID card. A qualified guest is defined as an individual whose current residence is outside
Lake, Marion and Sumter counties. A resident who has a son, daughter, grandchild or great grandchild (and their spouses) who reside in Lake, Marion or
Sumter counties may apply for an in-area guest ID card.
Guest ID cards are issued for a guest(s) whose current residence is outside Lake, Marion and Sumter counties for up to 30 days from the issue date. Guest
ID card renewals may be requested after the 30th day for an additional 30 days and renewals may continue to be issued every 30 days. The in-area guest ID
card for qualified family members is valid for one year from date of issuance.
In the event the host resident is unable to pick-up the guest ID card, eligible guest may pick-up Guest ID with valid photo ID.
Guests are required to carry their original guest ID card when using a District amenity facility even if accompanied by a resident. If the guest is under 19 years of age, they must be accompanied by a Villages resident or a guest 19 years of age or older with a valid guest ID card and photo ID. The accompanying resident is required to have a valid resident ID card. If a guest(s) does not have a valid guest ID card with them, the guest(s) will be denied access to District amenity facilities. In-area guests, regardless of age, will be required to have the sponsoring resident in attendance with them at all times when using District amenity facilities. If the in-area guest(s) is not with the sponsoring resident, they will be denied access to District amenity facilities.
Age Requirements for Guest ID Cards:
All approved guests 1 year of age and older will be issued a guest/in-area guest ID card. All approved guests 19 years of age and older also must have photo identification when using District amenity facilities. Some facilities have minimum age requirements. Please refer to districtgov.org or The Villages Phone Book for more information regarding age restricted facilities.
Facilities Available for Use:
Please refer to the District website at districtgov.org or The Villages Phone Book for guest approved facilities. All approved facilities also are listed on the guest ID/in-area guest ID forms. All guests are required to follow all District rules and regulations governing use of District amenity facilities. Residents and guests are encouraged to check in at a Recreation Center prior to using any recreation facility.
Penalty for Misuse of Facilities or Falsification of Information:
If District Management confirms that any misuse of facilities has occurred or falsification of information to secure the ID has occurred, the following actions will be taken.
- First infraction: A written letter will be sent to the resident with infraction details along with a follow up phone call and/or meeting to discuss the situation.
- Second infraction within one year: The resident’s active guest ID cards and/or in-area guest ID cards will be deactivated for a period of six months. During the six-month period, the household (unit/lot) forfeits its right to be issued any guest ID cards and/or in-area guest ID cards. The six-month time period will start from date of deactivation. After the six-month period, the household (unit/lot) will be eligible to reapply for guest ID card and in-area guest ID card privileges.
- Third infraction within one year: Guest ID card and in-area guest ID card privileges will be denied for the household (unit/lot) for one year from the date of deactivation.
- If a resident knowingly falsifies the application, the resident will be subject to infraction number two regardless of infraction history, unless a second infraction already has occurred, then it will be considered the third infraction.
The information provided in this policy is current as of July 2009. The AAC and the District Boards reserve the right to amend and revise this policy as deemed necessary.
Villages Guest ID Card Questions: Call the regional recreation center nearest you.
Indoor Activity Key
- For group contact information, please contact the recreation center where the activity is held.
- Please remember to bring your resident ID and guest ID cards with photo ID to all recreation facilities and events.
- For facility information and recreation center rules and regulations, go to districtgov.org or call 674-1800.
- Please be sure to fill out the required activity release at your recreation center before joining the fun and always wear appropriate attire at the recreation center.
- Activities will start as advertised. To meet these start times and allow ample time for the volunteers to prepare, participants are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes to one hour prior to the start of the activity. Check with the RLV group leader for more information.
- Prior attendance in an approved course or approval by the instructor is required prior to participation in activity. Class size is limited.