The Villages beautiful Lake Sumter
Quick Links

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Report A Possible Violation to the Restrictive Covenants?
Call Deed Compliance at 352-751-3912 or email

Are We Allowed To Have A Garage Sale?
Yes. Garage sales are permitted with guidelines obtained from Community Standards. These guidelines are located under Forms & Publications on this webpage.

Am I Allowed To Keep A Recreational Vehicle, Truck Or Trailer In My Driveway?
Yes. These vehicles are allowed to be in a driveway for a period of 72 hours.

Are There Guidelines For The Installation Of A Satellite Dish?
Yes. There are guidelines regarding satellite dishes located under Forms & Publications on this webpage.

How will I know if I can add a room or a birdcage or extend a room to my home?
You will need to obtain a Site Plan which shows your Building Setback Line and any special easements you have on your property.

Why does a Site Plan need to be included with an ARC application?
The Site Plan shows your property lines, Building Setback Lines (BSL), and any special easements your property may have. Any modifications or additions need to be shown on the Site Plan and included with the application. The BSL refers to the distance from the front, back, or side of a lot beyond which construction or improvements may not extend.

Where Do I Get A Site Plan For My Property?
Site plans are obtainable at your County building department:

Town of Lady Lake Building Department
409 Fennel Boulevard
Lady Lake, FL 32159

Lake County Building Department
315 West Main Street
Tavares, FL 32778

Marion County Building Department
2710 E. Silver Springs Boulevard
Ocala, FL 34470

The Villages Sumter County Service Center
7375 Powell Road
Wildwood, Florida 34785

What if my county building department does not have the Site Plan for my property?
For properties where a Site Plan is not obtainable from the county, a boundary survey may be used.

Do I need to fill out a Home/Property Alteration Application for landscaping?
Yes. To make sure you are not planting in a special easement; also depending on the area you live in, you may be restricted to using drought-tolerant plants.

When is a fence allowed?
Please refer to Forms & Publications on this webpage.

Where can I find additional info on ARC-related items (i.e. arbors, awnings, landscape lighting, driveway painting, etc.)?
You may find information relating to these topics under Forms & Publications on this webpage.

Do I need ARC approval to remove a tree?
Yes. No tree with a trunk four (4) inches or more in diameter shall be removed or effectively removed through excessive injury without first obtaining permission from the ARC.

Contact Us
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL 32162

Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912
Fax: 352-751-6707
Email Deed Compliance

Email Architectural Review

Business Hours:
8am to 5pm, EST
Monday – Friday
Excluding Holidays

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public Records Custodian Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Please forward requests to:
Jennifer McQueary, District Clerk
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone No. (352) 751-3939
Fax No. (352) 753-6430
Please Note Florida law prohibits the Board of Supervisors from communicating with residents about Deed Compliance or Architectural Review issues/cases.  Please contact the Community Standards Department directly at to report any concerns you might have.