Village Community Development
Sumter Landing Board of Supervisors Operating Procedures
In an effort to ensure the orderly conduct of our Board meetings, the adoption of the following rules
of procedure for Board Meetings is suggested:
- The Board of Supervisors meetings are publicly advertised meeting, inviting attendance and participation by residents of The Villages and members of the public.
- The Chairman shall exercise control of the conduct of all aspects of the meeting.
- In the Section of the Agenda entitled Audience Comments:
- Anyone in the audience may bring to the board any comment he/she may desire
- All comments shall be addressed to the Chairman of the Board.
- If staff can address the comment or issue, he/she shall request permission to respond to the item and address the response to the Chairman. It is the Chairman’s prerogative to have the item addressed at that time or to schedule further address or discussion for a future meeting agenda.
- All other items on the agenda are for Board consideration, discussion, and action.
- On any agenda item, other than a public hearing, if the Chairman or the Board wish to accept comments from the audience, those comments should be limited to the item under discussion
- Audience members shall raise their hands and wait to be recognized by the Chairman, should the Chairman choose to allow audience comment.
- Any audience member so recognized shall approach the microphone, state name and address for the record and address all comments to the Chairman. Should the staff or other Board member request to address the comment from the audience, he/she shall request that the Chairman recognize the request and proceed to make their comment.
- No comments from the audience, board members or staff shall occur without recognition of the Board Chairman.
- Public Hearings: For advertised public hearings
- The Chairman shall announce the Public Hearing and ask staff to review the subject of the public hearing
- The chairman shall then open the public hearing and receive comment from anyone in attendance
- Persons wishing to provide comment shall approach the microphone, state name and address for the record, and make his/her comments
- Comments shall be limited to the subject of the public hearing, only.
- Upon determination of no additional public comment, the Chairman shall close the Public Hearing and restrict discussion to members of the Board and staff.
- Upon completion of the discussion, the Chairman shall entertain such action as the Board may desire.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public
records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.
Public Records Custodian
Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from State and Local Officials regarding State or Local business are public records available
to the public and media upon request. Please forward requests to:
Jennifer Farlow, District Clerk
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, Florida 32162
Phone No. (352) 751-3939
Fax No. (352) 753-6430
Florida law prohibits the Board of Supervisors from communicating with residents about Deed Compliance or Architectural Review issues/cases. Please
contact the Community Standards Department directly at email@example.com to report any
concerns you might have.